Job Description: You will become an integral part of Silverside’s multi-disciplinary technical team as we develop, refine, build, optimize, and deploy next generation integrated nuclear and radiological detector systems into urban environments. Because Silverside is a start-up, the only guarantee is that there will be surprises and opportunities that emerge. A desire to learn and willingness to pitch in on an interdisciplinary team is essential.
Initial and ongoing responsibilities: Projects will be determined by the candidate’s skill set and interest, as well as the emerging needs and opportunities at Silverside. Here’s a list of possible areas of focus:
- Hardware selection, design architecture, and testing for IOT sensors
- Defining product requirements through testing and customer engagement
- Verification of requirements, and full system optimization and validation
- Performing risk assessments, defining timelines and deliverables, and budgeting of multi-disciplinary projects
- Integration of partner platforms such as video management and situational awareness systems
- Spec and design camera and sensor systems for radiological event adjudication
- Design verification & implementation of QA procedures
- Development of data acquisition and communications embedded platform (Python)
- FPGA firmware design, development, and verification
- Developing and writing SBIR and BAA grant proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, experimental physics, or a related technical field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 3+ years of work experience in product development
- Project management experience; full cycle product life management; history of completing projects on time and budget
- Have personal hands-on projects e.g. fixing your own car/bike, building, or programming embedded systems
- R&D experience as a jack-of-all-trades or utility player on an interdisciplinary team
- Past work with camera integrated systems, clocks and timing, wireless network communications, embedded systems and programming (Python) preferred
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently or as part of a team, and ask questions
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. H1-B sponsorship is not available.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with ability and level of experience. Full benefits, including health and dental insurance and employee stock options, are offered for full-time hires. All team members get generous leave/holiday packages.
Contact: Submit a resume to Sarah Haig Baker, firstname.lastname@example.org. by July 23, 2017