Job Description: Reporting to the COO, you will be responsible for running the administrative and business operations of Silverside by overseeing the accounting and financial reporting functions, as well as supporting the technical team on purchasing and inventory management. You will also be exposed to project management through the interaction of the technical team and contract financial management. Silverside is a start-up, and the only guarantee is that there will be surprises and opportunities that emerge over and above the below-listed responsibilities. This is a tremendous growth opportunity for an inquisitive and proactive candidate.
Initial and ongoing responsibilities may include:
- Accounts payable/receivable, ensuring compliance of documentation
- Financial reporting, including: cash flow management, month-end financial statements, government progress reports, and budgeting
- Financial projections
- Contract management, including: government reporting on grants and contracts, compliance, project budget management
- Support for vendor communication, procurement, supply chain, and inventory management
- Creating and improving efficiency of processes as Silverside grows
- Other business/finance support, as directed by the COO
Additional projects will be determined by the interest and skill set of the employee, as well as the emerging needs of and opportunities at Silverside.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, accounting, or other relevant field
- Min. 2 years work experience, preferably with accounting experience, with demonstrable track record in related fields of responsibility
- Familiarity with accounting principles and financial statements
- Demonstrated work experience in Excel
- Ability to handle many competing priorities; eagerness to learn; willingness to take on new, varied tasks; learn quickly; work independently and ask questions
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. H1-B sponsorship is not available.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with ability and level of experience. Full benefits, including health and dental insurance and employee stock options, are offered for full-time hires. All team members get generous leave/holiday packages.
Contact: Submit a resume to Sarah Haig, email@example.com. by June 30, 2017